Volunteer in our shops
Would you like to meet new people and learn new skills whilst supporting the work of Children's Hospice South West? Why not volunteer an hour or two of your time to help us make the most of short and precious lives?
We have 27 charity shops across the South West and our team of dedicated volunteers help run all of them. We are always looking for keen volunteers to help with a range of tasks, without whom we could not successfully fundraise to support our work across the South West. Every hour you can give will make a precious contribution towards our work. Our wonderful volunteers support us in many ways both behind the scenes and on the shop floor.
Previous experience would be an advantage but isn't essential as we will provide you with any necessary training and the chance to get involved in a number of different shop activities.
How you can help
- Welcoming customers to the shop, advising and helping them
- Promoting Gift Aid
- Supporting other volunteers
- Serving customers at the till
- Dealing with stock donations
- Stock preparation, sorting, steaming and pricing
- Replenishment of stock on the shop floor
- Visual merchandising - creating windows and displays
- Administrative tasks such as stocktaking
- Researching items for ebay
- Van driving to collect donated items
Enquire today about volunteering in our shops
Find your local Children's Hospice South West shop
Visit one of our shops in Devon. Take a look at our recently opened shop in Budleigh Salterton.
Find your local shop in Cornwall including our latest refurbished shop in Truro town centre.
Find us across Somerset, Bristol and West Wiltshire.
Find out more about volunteering
If you have some time to spare, would like to meet new people and help make a difference, we would love to hear from you. To find out more you can call our volunteer advisor, Stephanie Robey for an informal chat on 01271 325 270 or by dropping her an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.