If you don’t need it... donate it!
Children's Hospice South West's shops rely on donations of good quality items. Every bag of stock that is donated to us makes a real difference to our children and their families and could be worth up to £25.
You can drop off donations at any of our shops and hospices or call us on 01271 325 270 to arrange a collection.
How can I help?
- Do you have items you no longer want or need that you could donate to be sold to raise money for the Children's Hospice South West? Clothes that are too big or too small, books you’ve read, furniture you’re replacing, toys your children or grandchildren have outgrown?
- We would love for you to spread the word to your friends, family, work colleagues and community networks, that the Children's Hospice South West need and will welcome their saleable donations?
- Are you, or any of your friends or family, part of a group, club, society or business whose members of staff may consider holding a ‘Donate It’ day? We can help work through the logistics - from providing bags for donations to be collected in, posters to promote the wide range of items we need and we can even arrange for our van driver to come and collect bulk or large donations on a given date.
What can I donate?
We accept donations of: Clothes (adult, children’s and baby), books, games, toys, jewellery, small electrical items, DVDs, bric-a-brac, kitchenware, homeware, furniture, baby equipment (high chairs, push chairs etc) and lots more besides.
Are there any restrictions on what I can donate?
- All upholstered furniture, including mattresses, must comply with fire safety regulations, shown by a tag on the item.
- Mattresses must have a blue framed label which refers to BS7177 sewn into the end wall.
- Any glass larger than 21cm x 30cm (the size of an A4 piece of paper) must be toughened or laminated. This is usually indicated by a BS kite mark or reference number.
- We can only accept freestanding units up to 3 feet wide and 6 feet high.
- We cannot accept stair gates or car seats.
What do I do with my donations?
You can deliver your donations to one of our hospices or to one of our shops. Alternatively, if you have large items of furniture, large quantities of donations or cannot transport your donations, we can arrange to collect them from you. Please telephone us on 01271 325 270 to make arrangements.
What difference will I make?
We rely almost entirely on voluntary donations and your unwanted items can help us continue this important and vital work.
Our shops are always in need of good quality items to sell and welcome your donations, so the next time you have a spring clean or house clearance, please remember Children’s Hospice South West may be able to benefit from your unwanted items.
For more information on how to donate to our charity shops please contact your local shop.